Friday, October 15, 2021

Of such is the Kingdom of God

Friday 2021.10.15

Today is the Sixth Day of the Biblical Week. It is Preparation Day. Let us finish all our tasks for the week, tie up all loose ends, and prepare to rest for the Seventh Day Shabbat beginning at sunset this evening.

This afternoon my NT reading covered Mark chapters 9 and 10.

Mark chapter 10 contains an account of our Lord Iesou becoming much displeased with his disciples for rebuking some parents who brought their children to be touched by the Lord, telling his disciples that whoever does not receive the Kingdom of God as a little child will not enter into it. This passage contains the well known words of our Lord, "Suffer little children to come unto me . . . ".

About forty-five years ago, some time in 1977, I heard these words being sung in a song during Sunday Service in Wesley Methodist Church Kuala Lumpur. I would like to learn to sing that song again.

Mark 10:13 - 16 KJV
13 And they brought young children to him, that he should touch them: and his disciples rebuked those that brought them.
14 But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.
15 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.
16 And he took them up in his arms, put his hands upon them, and blessed them.

In April last year, I wrote a poem using these words of our Lord, "Suffer little children", in my poetry blog, link below: