Saturday, October 9, 2021

No good thing will He withhold from the upright

Saturday 2021.10.09

Shabbat Shalom. Today is the Seventh Day of the Biblical Week. Let us rest from all our work according to the Fourth Commandment.

This morning for my OT reading, I finished reading Psalms 78 to 89, which are the last twelve Psalms in Book II (Psalm 73 - 89).

Psalm 84 contains a passage which I had memorised before back in 1978, about forty-three years ago. It tells us that spending time in prayer before God, "in thy courts" is far better than spending our time elsewhere. And God does not withhold any good thing from those who walk uprightly before Him.

Psalm 84:8 KJV
O LORD God of hosts, hear my prayer: give ear, O God of Jacob. Selah.
9
Behold, O God our shield, and look upon the face of thine anointed.
10
For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand. I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness.
11
For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.
12
O LORD of hosts, blessed is the man that trusteth in thee.