Saturday, October 9, 2021

Two beautiful songs of praise

Saturday 2021.10.09

Shabbat Shalom.

This morning during my Bible Reading time, I came across two short passages from the Psalms that are used in two well known songs of praise.

This first is Psalm 86 verses 10 to 12, used as lyrics in the song "For Thou Art Great". The second passage is Psalm 89 verses 1 and 2, in the lyrics of "I will sing of the mercies of the LORD".

Psalm 86:10 - 12 KJV
10 For thou art great, and doest wondrous things: thou art God alone.
11 Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name.
12 I will praise thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart: and I will glorify thy name for evermore.
Psalm 89:1 - 2 KJV
1 I will sing of the mercies of the LORD for ever: with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness to all generations.
2 For I have said, Mercy shall be built up for ever: thy faithfulness shalt thou establish in the very heavens.