Monday, May 2, 2022

The God and Father of our Lord Iesus

This afternoon, I finished reading the last four chapters of the Gospel according to St John.

The account of the Resurrection of our Lord Iesus in John chapter 20 presents to us one of the most powerful statements about the God and Father of our Lord Iesus.

In John 20:17, the Lord Iesus spoke to Mary of Magdala at His empty tomb, on the first day of the week, the day of His Resurrection:

John 20:17  JND  J.N.Darby's Translation
Jesus says to her, Touch me not, for I have not yet ascended to my Father; but go to my brethren and say to them, I ascend to my Father and your Father, and [to] my God and your God.

Yes. Our heavenly Father and our God is also the Father and the God of our Lord Iesus the Anointed.

Brothers and Sisters in the Anointed One, let us say together with the Apostle Peter:

1 Peter 1:3  NKJV  New King James Version
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead