Sunday, May 15, 2022

I will be their God, and they shall be My people

Towards the end of Ezekiel chapter 37, the prophet Ezekiel ben Buzi prophesied that the LORD will restore the children of Israel to their promised land and where they will be ruled by "one shepherd", a descendant of King David. The LORD will make an everlasting covenant of peace with His people, and His servant, the seed of David, will be their prince forever.

Ezekiel 37:24 - 28  NWB  Noah Webster Bible
24 And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them.
25 And they shall dwell in the land that I have given to Jacob my servant, in which your fathers have dwelt, and they shall dwell in it, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever.
26 Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore.
27 My tabernacle also shall be with them: and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
28 And the heathen shall know that I the LORD do sanctify Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for ever.

In this prophecy, Ezekiel ben Buzi wrote the well-known promise of God in verse 27, "My tabernacle also shall be with them: and I will be their God, and they shall be my people", a promise which is quoted in the New Testament in 2 Corinthians 6:16 and Revelation 21:3.

2 Corinthians 6:16  KJV  King James Version
And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
Revelation 21:3  KJV  King James Version
And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

Brothers and Sisters in the Anointed One, let us walk with our God. Let us live as the people of God.