Saturday, July 23, 2022

The will of the Father

Today, I observe from chapters 5 and 6 of the Gospel of John, accounts of our Lord Iesus telling the people around him that he has come to obey and carry out the will of His Father in Heaven.

As the Father has been working:

“My Father has been working until now, and I have been working.”
John 5:17  New King James Version

Whatever the Father does:

Most assuredly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He sees the Father do; for whatever He does, the Son also does in like manner.
John 5:19  New King James Version

As the Father raises the dead:

21 For as the Father raises the dead and gives life to them, even so the Son gives life to whom He will. 22 For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son, 23 that all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him.
John 5:21 - 23  New King James Version

As the Father has life in Himself:

26 For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has granted the Son to have life in Himself, 27 and has given Him authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of Man. 28 Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice 29 and come forth—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation.
John 5:26 - 29  New King James Version

As the Anointed One hears the Father:

I can of Myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me
John 5:30  New King James Version

As the Father gives to the Anointed One:

37 All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out. 38 For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.
John 6:37 - 38  New King James Version

As the Father has sent the Anointed One:

57 As the living Father sent Me, and I live because of the Father, so he who feeds on Me will live because of Me. 58 This is the bread which came down from heaven—not as your fathers ate the manna, and are dead. He who eats this bread will live forever.”
John 6:57 - 58  New King James Version

As the Father draws a person near the Anointed One:

No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day.
John 6:44  New King James Version
Therefore I have said to you that no one can come to Me unless it has been granted to him by My Father
John 6:65  New King James Version

The above descriptions of the ministry of Iesus the Anointed One can be summarised in one verse, as follows:

I can of Myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me.
John 5:30  New King James Version

Brothers and Sisters in the Anointed One, let us do the will of our Father in Heaven.