Thursday, August 26, 2021

The wolf and the lamb will feed together

Thursday 2021.08.26

The OT portion for my reading today covers the last seven chapters of the book of Isaiah, from chapter 60 through 66. Tomorrow, I will proceed with reading the book of the prophet Jeremiah using the Good News Bible.

One of the prophecies of Isaiah recorded in today's portion of reading is the prophecy in chapter 65 that Yehovah will create new heavens and a new earth and the new city of Jerusalem bring delight and joy to His people.

Isaiah 65:17 NIV
17 "Behold, I will create new heavens and a new earth.
The former things will not be remembered, nor will they come to mind.
18 But be glad and rejoice for ever in what I will create,
for I will create Jerusalem to be a delight and its people a joy.

Even animals will live in peace in this new earth. Animals will no longer harm nor kill one another for food. Lions will eat straw like oxen. And wolves will feed together with lambs.

Isaiah 65:25
25 The wolf and the lamb will feed together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox, and dust will be the serpent’s food. They will neither harm nor destroy on all my holy mountain," says the LORD.