Monday, August 23, 2021

I am Yehovah, besides me there is no God

Monday 2021.08.23

In today's OT reading, I covered Isaiah chapters forty-two through forty-six. The word of the LORD, "I am YEHOVAH" (translated as "I am the LORD" in the NIV) occurs in at least two instances, first in Isaiah 42:8 and again in Isaiah 45:5ff, quoted from the American Standard Version below:

Isaiah 42:8 ASV
I am Jehovah, that is my name; and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise unto graven images.
Isaiah 45:5 - 7 ASV
5 I am Jehovah, and there is none else; besides me there is no God. I will gird thee, though thou hast not known me;
6 that they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none besides me: I am Jehovah, and there is none else.
7 I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, and create evil. I am Jehovah, that doeth all these things.