Monday, November 1, 2021

I tell the world only what I have heard from Him

Monday 2021.11.01

This afternoon I read the Gospel of John chapters 7 and 8 in the New Testament.

John chapters 7 and 8 records the account of our Lord's visit to Jerusalem at the Feast of Tabernacles (Sukkot) where the Jewish leaders questioned him about his authority.

The following verses record our Lord's replies to their critical questions:

John 7:16 GNB Good News Bible
Jesus answered, “What I teach is not my own teaching, but it comes from God, who sent me.

John 8:23 GNB
Jesus answered, “You belong to this world here below, but I come from above. You are from this world, but I am not from this world.

John 8:25 - 27 GNB
25“Who are you?” they asked him. Jesus answered, “What I have told you from the very beginning. 26I have much to say about you, much to condemn you for. The one who sent me, however, is truthful, and I tell the world only what I have heard from him.” 27They did not understand that Jesus was talking to them about the Father.

John 8:42 GNB
Jesus said to them, “If God really were your Father, you would love me, because I came from God and now I am here. I did not come on my own authority, but he sent me.

Brothers and Sisters in the Anointed One, let us ponder over these words of our Lord and remind ourselves that our Lord Iesus came from God above, that he did not come to this world on his own authority but was instead sent by God, and that his teachings came from God who sent him.