Thursday, May 20, 2021

Iesou: ascending to where he was before

This note was written about four months ago on 2021.01.19

Ascending where he was before, 19 January 2021 12:18 hrs.
Reading from John chapter 6 ASV

Our Lord asked his disciples a pointed and perhaps somewhat troubling question in verse 62 of John chapter 6.

John 6:62 ASV
What then if ye should behold the Son of man ascending where he was before?

Where was our Lord Iesou before he came to earth? Where is this place "where he was before", and where he is returning to?

We can find the answer in the following verses where our Lord repeatedly called himself the Bread of Life, and that he came down from Heaven:

John 6: 32b - 33 ASV
. . . It was not Moses that gave you the bread out of heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread out of heaven. For the bread of God is that which cometh down out of heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

John 6: 35 ASV
. . . I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall not hunger, and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

John 6: 48 ASV
I am the bread of life.

John 6: 40 - 58 ASV
50 This is the bread which cometh down out of heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die. 51 I am the living bread which came down out of heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: yea and the bread which I will give is my flesh, for the life of the world.