Thursday, May 20, 2021

Through the storm

This testimony was recorded in my notebook back in August 2012 and has remained there all these nine years ago, while I tell myself from time to time to post it in my blog. At last, today I came across the note again and decided that I must post it here and now.

Through the storm, 30Aug2012

This evening I drove into a severe thunderstorm just after leaving the road junction outside Malim Nawar heading towards Kampar at about 7 o'clock. Dark storm clouds descended, there were flashes of lightning and deafening claps of thunder all around us outside. Strong winds and blinding rain made us slow down to a crawl. Branches dropped from trees and littered the road along the way.

It was like the end of the world.

Suddenly, something fell on to the roof of our car with a very loud thud and soon after that we encountered a small tree that had fallen across the road. However, a big lorry that was ahead of us managed to run over some branches of the fallen tree and "opened" a way for traffic to pass in single file.

Thanks be to God who protected us and the motorists in front of us, no one was hurt, our car was not damaged and we reached home safe and sound. Blessed be the Name of YHVH, our God who is our refuge in times of trouble.

Psalm 23: 4
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.