Sunday, July 13, 2014

The real meaning of Emmanuel.

John 8:25 - 29  NASB  New American Standard Bible
25 So they were saying to Him, “Who are You?” Jesus said to them, “What have I been saying to you from the beginning?
26 I have many things to speak and to judge concerning you, but He who sent Me is true; and the things which I heard from Him, these I speak to the world.”
27 They did not realize that He had been speaking to them about the Father.
28 So Jesus said, “When you lift up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am He, and I do nothing on My own initiative, but I speak these things as the Father taught Me.
29 And He who sent Me is with Me; He has not left Me alone, for I always do the things that are pleasing to Him.”

The real meaning of Emmanuel or "God With Us" can be seen in the words of our Lord Iesus the Anointed in John 8:29, when he declared that the One who sent him is with him.

Who is the One who sent our Lord? Who is "He" who sent the Lord Iesus? Verse 27 says Iesus was speaking to them about the Father, the Only True God (John 17:3).

Yes the One who sent our Lord, who is with him, is our Father in heaven. He is our One True God. Our God is with His Anointed Iesus. When the people saw the Iesus, they saw God with him.

This is the true meaning of Emmanuel, God with us.

Matthew 1:22 - 23  NASB  New American Standard Bible
22 Now all this took place so that what was spoken by the Lord through the prophet would be fulfilled:
23 “Behold, the virgin will conceive and give birth to a Son, and they shall name Him Immanuel,” which translated means, “God with us.”
Isaiah 7:14  NASB  New American Standard Bible
Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, the virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and she will name Him Immanuel.