Thursday, December 1, 2022

Gentiles called by God

Gentiles called

Today, I am reminded of several passages in Scripture that tell of Gentiles being called to enter the Kingdom of God.

Gentiles shall seek God.

“And in that day there shall be a Root of Jesse,
Who shall stand as a banner to the people;
For the Gentiles shall seek Him,
And His resting place shall be glorious.”

Isaiah 11:10  New King James Version

Gentiles called by the Name of God.

16 ‘After this I will return
And will rebuild the tabernacle of David, which has fallen down;
I will rebuild its ruins,
And I will set it up;
17 So that the rest of mankind may seek the Lord,
Even all the Gentiles who are called by My name,
Says the Lord who does all these things.’

Acts 15:16 - 17  New King James Version
11 In that day I will raise up the tabernacle of David that is fallen,
and will rebuild the ruins of it,
and will set up the parts thereof that have been broken down,
and will build it up as in the ancient days:
12 that the remnant of men,
and all the Gentiles upon whom my name is called,
may earnestly seek me,
saith the Lord who does all these things.

Amos 9:11 - 12  LXX Brenton

God sends His Messenger to be a light to the Gentiles.

47 For so the Lord has commanded us:
‘I have set you as a light to the Gentiles,
That you should be for salvation to the ends of the earth.”

Acts 13:47  New King James Version
6 And he said to me, It is a great thing for thee to be called my servant,
to establish the tribes of Jacob,
and to recover the dispersion of Israel:
behold, I have given thee for the *covenant of a race,
for a light of the Gentiles,
that thou shouldest be for salvation to the end of the earth.

Isaiah 49:6  LXX Brenton

I have written several posts about the calling of the Gentiles into the Kingdom of God, links as follows: