Thursday, February 11, 2010

The course of discipleship: a summary

Thursday 11Feb2010, 7:33 am

The following is a side-by-side comparison of the teaching of our Lord on the course we must take in becoming his disciples:

Luke 12:51-53Matthew 10: 34-36
Christ brings divisionChrist brings sword
three vs two, two vs threeson vs father, daughter vs mother etc
in-laws against in-lawsfamily = worst enemies
Luke 14:26Matthew 10:37
Whoever does not hate father & mother/ wife & children etcWhoever loves father & mother / son & daughter more than Christ
- cannot be my disciple- not fit to be my disciple
Luke 14:27Matthew 10: 38
Whoever does not bear his own cross and come after me
cannot be my disciple.
Whoever does not take his cross and follow me
is not worthy of me.




Let each of us take our own cross and follow our Lord. This is the course of discipleship.