Friday, June 15, 2012

The Master Yeshua honoured God.


A summary of what I had elaborated on in my earlier post written two years ago,
Jesus honoured God, His Father.

The words of Yeshua the Anointed One recorded in John chapter 8 tell us that:
(1) God sent him.
v16 - My judgments come from me and from the Father who sent me.
v29 - He who sent me is with me. He doesn’t leave me by myself, because I always do what makes him happy.
v42 - Jesus replied, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God. Here I am. I haven’t come on my own. God sent me".

(2) God spoke to him.
v26b - The one who sent me is true, and what I have heard from him I tell the world.
v38 - I’m telling you what I’ve seen when I am with the Father
v40a - Instead, you want to kill me, though I am the one who has spoken the truth I heard from God.

(3) He honoured God and God glorified him.
v49 - 49 “I don’t have a demon,” Jesus replied. “But I honor my Father and you dishonor me.
v50 - I’m not trying to bring glory to myself. There’s one who is seeking to glorify me, and he’s the judge.
v54 - Jesus answered, “If I glorify myself, my glory is meaningless. My Father, who you say is your God, is the one who glorifies me.

Blessed be the Name of YHWH our Father in Heaven.