Thursday, June 7, 2012

The Gate, The Cornerstone and The Blessed One

Prophecies from Psalm 118 fulfilled. All quotes from the Complete Jewish Bible.

Psalm 118:19-20
Open the gates of righteousness for me;
I will enter them and thank Yah.
This is the gate of Adonai;
the righteous can enter it.

John 10:7-10
Yeshua said to them again, “Yes, indeed! I tell you that I am the gate for the sheep. All those who have come before me have been thieves and robbers, but the sheep didn’t listen to them. I am the gate; if someone enters through me, he will be safe and will go in and out and find pasture. The thief comes only in order to steal, kill and destroy; I have come so that they may have life, life in its fullest measure.
--------------------------------------------
Psalm 118:21-23
I am thanking you because you answered me;
you became my salvation.
The very rock that the builders rejected
has become the cornerstone!
This has come from Adonai,
and in our eyes it is amazing.

Matthew 21:42-46
Yeshua said to them, “Haven’t you ever read in the Tanakh,

‘The very rock which the builders rejected
has become the cornerstone!
This has come from Adonai,
and in our eyes it is amazing’?[i]

Therefore, I tell you that the Kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to the kind of people that will produce its fruit!” 44 [j] As the head cohanim and the P’rushim listened to his stories, they saw that he was speaking about them. But when they set about to arrest him, they were afraid of the crowds; because the crowds considered him a prophet.
----------------------------------------------
Psalm 118:24-26
This is the day Adonai has made,
a day for us to rejoice and be glad.
Please, Adonai! Save us!
Please, Adonai! Rescue us!
Blessed is he who comes in the name of Adonai.
We bless you from the house of Adonai.

Luke 13:34-35
“Yerushalayim! Yerushalayim! You kill the prophets! You stone those who are sent to you! How often I wanted to gather your children, just as a hen gathers her chickens under her wings, but you refused! Look! God is abandoning your house to you! I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, ‘Blessed is he who comes in the name of Adonai!’”
(see also Matt.21:9)
-----------------------------------------------