Saturday, September 30, 2017

Iesou came forth from God His Father

John 16: 27,28 NKJV
". . . the Father Himself loves you, because you have loved Me, and have believed that I came forth from God. I came forth from the Father and have come into the world. Again, I leave the world and go to the Father.”
I made this note during Cell Group meeting at Wesley Methodist Church Kampar last night.

It is noteworthy that our Lord Iesou made it clear to his disciples, and to others in his audience, that He came from God whom He called His Father.

Several other records of such statements are found in :

John 8:42 KJV
Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
John 13:3 NET
Because Jesus knew that the Father had handed all things over to him, and that he had come from God and was going back to God,
John 20:21 NASB
So Jesus said to them again, "Peace be with you; as the Father has sent Me, I also send you."
John 20:17 KJV
Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.
Conclusion
Our Lord Iesou came from God - His God and our God, His Father and our Father.