Sunday, November 24, 2013

The Last Words of David

Devotion on Thursday, 25Jul13

2 Samuel 23:5
Although my house is not so with God,
Yet He has made with me an everlasting covenant,
Ordered in all things,
and secure.

Compare with 1 Chronicles 17:4,9, 10 (The word of YHWH came to the prophet Nathan)

4 “Go and tell My servant David, ‘Thus says the Lord: “You shall not build Me a house to dwell in.

9 Moreover I will appoint a place for My people Israel, and will plant them, that they may dwell in a place of their own and move no more; nor shall the sons of wickedness oppress them anymore, as previously, 10 since the time that I commanded judges to be over My people Israel. Also I will subdue all your enemies. Furthermore I tell you that YHWH will build you a house.

From these verses, today we can learn that the covenant of YHWH with David is an everlasting covenant. Yes, YHWH will build David a house.